Thursday, July 5, 2012

Ticket Item

Each week I posted a trivia question regarding science (that is all I taught last year). I tried making them questions related to the topic we were studying but something you couldn't find in our text book. Students would write their name and their answer on a piece of paper and turn it into the Ticket Item Box. Every Friday I would pull out the correct answers and the next Monday they would be given a ROAR Buck which they could turn in for prizes (our school's reward system). The students loved trying to figure out the answers and if what Texas wanted them to know was boring to them, they knew they would always learn a cool fact each week from Mrs. Knight!

2 comments:

  1. I Love this idea! It could easily be used for test prep, Exit Tickets, pre-tests, so many uses the wheels in my brain are spinning! I am so going to use this idea this year.

    I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found your blog! I'll be teaching 3rd grade next year after 10 years in 1st.

    Aimee
    Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

    ReplyDelete

Designed by L. Yates (http://wildaboutteaching10.blogspot.com). Powered by Blogger.